Saturday, February 20, 2010

12-14 Weeks

I've been a bit bad about posting... the new semester at school started and I also coach the swim team at my high school, so busy doesn't even begin to describe my life.

Michael's been taking a profile pic of me every week, but I really don't see much of a change. I sometimes wish my belly wasn't big to begin with so that I could actually start to see the growth, but with all the hormone drugs I was on for the first two cycles, my weight ballooned. I've been trying to be careful with my weight, as my doctor told me she didn't want me to gain very much. I've been hovering at the same weight for the past two weeks, so I think that's a good sign. She also gave me the go-ahead to start swimming, but because last week was so busy and craptacular, I didn't go. :( I will definitely make the effort to get back into the pool on Tuesday night.

Michael and I went to my dad's for Valentine's day, to have dinner and see a movie. He dropped a bit of a bomb on me. He didn't tell me, but apparently, the day that I found out I was pregnant, he found out he had stage 1 lung cancer. He had surgery to remove the cancer and while recovering, suffered a stroke caused by a blood clot. Because the nurse on duty noticed his stroke so quickly and because of the quick-thinking of his doctor, my dad was given some sort of medication to reverse the effects of the stroke and he came out of it without any indication he had one.

I'm glad he's OK, but I was a bit peeved he didn't tell me. He and his wife Karen didn't want to tell me because I was newly pregnant and didn't want me to worry. I can't believe that while he was here for Christmas, he actually had cancer and I didn't know it.

I've also been dealing with a lot of crap involving my swim team at school. The district I work for decided to lay off a bunch of bus drivers last year to try and save money (budget cuts and all that) and because of the low number of drivers, they could no longer accommodate our pick up times for our practice. It looks like my school and the boosters club will pitch in and help pay for the cost of using a pool that is within walking distance of our school (and the pool that the original swim team used back in the 60s through the 80s). I'm very glad we'll be using the pool about three days a week and will only have to share the other pool we use with the crazy, whacked out coach twice a week. She is a certified nut job. The latest is, she's made me out to be a trouble maker. According to the man who runs the funding for the pool we share, he said I was the one causing all the trouble with the lane issue. Oh, he has no idea. That nut job of a coach has done so much to get herself into trouble, we're all hoping it's a matter of time before she finally gets the boot. She's been formally warned by our district that one more misstep on her part and she's out. I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyway... this is supposed to be my pregnancy blog and here I am talking about work. ;) I've talked a little to Michael about names, but he doesn't want to even go there because it's still too early and he doesn't want to get attached. The thing is, I already am and want so badly to know what we're having so I can put names to babies. They're growing inside of me and they should be named rather than just referring to them as "the babies." :sigh: It looks like he won't want to even consider names until I'm halfway through this pregnancy. I know he's just being cautious, but I still wish we could discuss names. I'll give him a few more weeks.

I've been feeling OK... still no morning sickness or anything. I just have cravings mostly and aversions to certain foods. Oh, and I have to pee a lot. And when I'm hungry, I'm HUNGRY. :)

No comments: